For anyone trying to lose weight, keeping well can be a problem whilst on a diet. The immune system can suffer when on a reduced calorie diet but whey protein concentrate can help, not only by supplying the extra protein requirements of your body whilst dieting, but also by supporting the immune system too.
There are three key substances in this whey supplement. Before we get into the reasons why you should be using it when you are trying to lose those extra pounds, let’s take a very quick look at these and their main properties.
Key Substances in Whey Protein Concentrate
All three of these key substances occur naturally in milk and in colostrums; In human and animal babies, colostrum is important for giving the developing immune system a powerful boost in the first few days of life.
- Cysteine is an essential amino acid which helps to boost the immune system and which also helps to regulate your body’s metabolism which could be key if you are trying to burn off excess fat.
- Lactoferrin is a prebiotic. This is a very important substance which supports a healthy gut flora (the good bacteria that help the digestive system and the immune system). Lactoferrin works to help boost immunity by helping to prevent the multiplication of bad bacteria and viruses in the gut.
- Immunoglobulins as the name suggests are also great for giving the immune system a powerful boost. They can help get rid of those illness and disease causing pathogens and bacteria by acting as antibodies.
These three substances are also vital for the manufacture of a substance called Glutathione. If you have never heard of it, it is a really powerful antioxidant which, in addition to protecting the body from free radicals, also helps to get rid of cancer causing agents and other toxins.
One of the main reasons why exercise has a positive effect on strengthening the immune system is that it has a positive effect on the production of Glutathione. There is strong scientific evidence to show that it can also protect you from some of the effects of aging on your body. Interestingly, there is also strong evidence that vitamin D also increases Glutathione levels within the body so this might be just one more reason why sunshine makes us feel better!
To read more about the amazing properties of Glutahione, read Dr Mark Hyman’s article, published in Huffington Post, here.
Why Do We Recommend Miracle Whey Powder?
First of all, we would like to state that there are many excellent products on the market. Miracle Whey is the protein concentrate we know and trust for our own supplement needs. Here are a few of the reasons why.
- We believe that products from cows who graze natural pasture are better quality than those from cows fed on grain. Miracle whey is guaranteed free of GMOs too.
- It is cold processed. Products made with a heat process can change the structure of the nutrients whereas cold processing preserves these in their natural state.
- It is made with an acid free process (some protein powders are made by a process that removes some of the fats using chemicals).
- It is easy to digest because it contains medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), which are easy for the body to absorb and can be quickly digested. In Miracle Whey, these MCTs come from coconut oil.
Take a look at the video, Dr Mercola makes a compelling case for the efficacy of this product and it is great to know that if you are trying to shed those excess pounds with diet and exercise, supplementing your protein intake can not only help you to lose fat, not muscle, but can also help you to protect and strengthen your immune system whilst you are on a reduced calorie diet. It is also good to know that wherever you live, you can get your supply of this product delivered right to your door at a great price – and even get free shipping when you purchase from Amazon!